Tuesday 24 July 2012

the start of a busy month and a blast from the past

So the next 4 weeks are going to be a bit busy. As well as my normal job i have a few cakes and treats on the books but my reward in the end is a visit to the family in Rocky and then an awesome girls weekend down the coast.
So what's coming up in the kitchen over the next few weeks? This week a set of sweet treats for a Saturday High Tea style tasting for the girls from the lovely Miss Karen's bridal party with the mothers. They will be tasting the treats Karen has selected for her vintage style Sweets Buffet at her up coming wedding.
Then next week I have another High Tea themed cake, this time a pretty pink teapot with a selection of pretty cup cakes. I picked up the most amazing fondant mould shaped like vintage brooches (the kind your grandmother had on her dressing table) to create very girly cup cake toppers from Cakes Around Town. These ladies have some the most tempting moulds I have seen! They will be all displayed on a one of a kind cup cake stand that hubby is kindly helping me build.
A couple of days later I have a very very funky and fun Moshi Monster 'Jeepers' cake - cute little tiger - to make. After that it is straight on to sweet horse themed cake - looking forward to hand modelling  a cute sugar pony. The craziness is then rounded out by a very special cake for a very special ladies 65th birthday. Shhhh can't tell you much but I can say that it features lots of modelling, lots of hand painting, some beautiful sugar flowers and a generous splash of vintage nostalgia.

But while I have day off and am able to collect my thoughts, let me share with you an old friend. This was one of the first cakes I did to set my business in motion. A cute giant cupcake for my friend Leila's gorgeous little girls.


this sweet cake was a chocolate and vanilla cake with coloured fondant 'cup' and 'icing' topped with chocolate modelling fondant drizzle, pretty butterflies and sprinkles.

 The butterfly's were set to dry on cardboard to give them that floating look and the cute cherry is from red fondant.  Marbled fondant made a great  cover for the cake board.

Went down well at fun party in the park - everyone wanted a butterfly.

xoxo

No comments: