Saturday 14 July 2012

Rainy days and fondant....


It's another busy two weeks of cakes and fun but this rain is driving me crazy. Rainy days and fondant are not the best of friends. Fondant picks up every little bit of moisture that is in the air giving it a a tacky surface so the trick is to get it as dry as possible so that the moisture can't be absorbed. I get very strange looks from people when I tell them i put my freshly iced cakes in the oven but the dry warmth of the heat light in a fanforced oven works it's magic quite well iff you give it enough time.
So next on my list is a cute hightea inspired teapcot cake with matching cupcakes, another Moshi Monster cake (a little orange tiger) and this week 250 cake pops for a work function.
I am excited about the cakepops and have been waiting for this week to roll around. With the help of my amazing hubby I have made my deep display trays and today picked up the polystyrene blocks to go inside (after a covering of tissue paper). The chalk board signs are drying in the craft room, the sticks and bags counted and recipes ready to go. Hopefully the fun and delicious display will wow the crowd.
This weej I had a lot of fun making bright Disney insired cake for little Dom's 3rd birthday.  The bottom layer is a vibrant swirl of red/blue/yellow and green vanilla cake and the top layer a yummy chocolate sandwiched with layers of cookies and cream filling. Iced in bright disney colours with lots of stars it features 3D 'Mickeys' around the sides. To top it all off a bunch of bright starry cakepops complete the look...
yumm...
xoxo

No comments: